Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Primary Puzzle Ball

I started this puzzle ball a few days before Christmas... I was hoping to finish it by Christmas for my nephews, but it just didn't happen.

  I'm happy to have it finished now!

  My sister-in-law's baby girl was born about 2 weeks ago, and I'm planning on bringing this for the little older brothers when I go to meet her... they don't live far, but I've had a yucky cold for a couple weeks that I really don't want to bring over there.

  I used the same tutorial as the first time, but used a dinner plate for my initial trace so it's quite a bit bigger... about 7" in diameter.

  I accidentally overstuffed the pieces this time... I'm still relatively new to this whole stuffing business! From some angles the ball looks kind of squished.

  I used a tablecloth someone gave me for the red, parts of a half-finished dress that the same sister-in-law gave me for the yellow, and leftover yardage from a dress I made Booper when she was 1 for the blue. I would love to see how it looks with all of the primary colors on the triangles and grey or white on the ends.

  Except for the blue corduroy, the fabrics were on the thinner side and felt like they would fray right out of the seams, so I interfaced everything before sewing it... it's pretty sturdy now! I hope the little guys like it! =)

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment