I used this tutorial, and it was great.... with one caveat. Trace a dish that is about 1.5 inches larger than you want your final ball to be, since no seam allowances are added. Here is my version in the bowl I traced from:
It was a lot of hand-sewing, but I still finished it in one day. I love that it is actually a puzzle:
Although one of the pieces has disappeared since I took these photos.
The fabric for this one was from Tia Eva. =)
I honestly think I like this one better than the daughters do... it's the perfect weight, size, and shape to throw around. I have another (slightly larger) one cut out in primary colors for my young nephews, but I haven't been able to sew it up yet.
And that is the last of the Christmas gifts for 2013... now to get started on this year's offerings. ;-)
Thanks for stopping by!