This one is a little less full than the one I made for Booper, mostly because I was short on fabric.
I hand-sewed the band lining down this time, since I'm always disappointed with my stitch-in-the-ditch skills:
I used a double layer of interfacing in the brim this time, and it was perfectly stiff. I do wish I'd added a bit of interfacing to the band, but it looks better on an actual person.
|Just imagine it on a cute blonde instead of on me. ;-)|
The second hat I made was from a really lightweight denim:
For this one I added a second strip around the circumference and cut a matching circle for the top. Next time, I'd make the second strip a half-inch shorter and the top circle a bit smaller as well, but it still works.
This one is fully lined in a fun floral fabric, sent to me by Karen:
It can be worn flowered-side-out, but since there is a small bow on the denim side it isn't the most comfortable of hats that way.
The brim on both hats is shorter than a typical base-ball cap. Both were quite difficult to sew in! That extra layer of interfacing made them hard to manipulate.
I wasn't nearly as tempted to keep this one... but I still like it. =)
Just one more gift to show you... what I made for Gaiw this year.
Thanks for stopping by!