I found the assembly of the back of this dress interesting... I wouldn't have thought of just leaving a bit open under the button/snap placket, but with a gathered skirt like this it actually works.
Again, I hand-sewed the lining down, and since I didn't have enough fabric to cut the lining out of the floral, I used plain white:
I used plastic snaps for the first time, since regular snaps and I don't get along well (ever wondered why I usually go with heavy-duty ones?) I ordered the snaps from here, along with a pair of snap pliers, and I was really impressed with how quickly they were shipped.
They were also incredibly easy to install, and cute to boot... I used little heart-shaped ones. =)
From what I've seen these snaps do sometimes pull out over time, but it doesn't damage the fabric when they do, and it's really easy to stick a new one in. They were so quick to install that I kind of want to come up with projects just to add them! =)
And that is the last of this fabric for a while! I just wish I'd had enough to make a matching diaper cover, and bloomers for the older sisters.
I have a couple more things I'm hoping to finish before Beckers arrives (2.5 weeks until the due date!): a new nursing cover, the pieces of which are cut out and partially sewn at this point, and some new crib sheets. We'll see what happens. =)
Thanks for stopping by,