I have been sewing! But slowly, little bits at a time. Right now I'm working on this:
So far, only two problems... I didn't add enough gathering room in the tops of the sleeves, and I don't have any buttons that look right for the bib placket. I dyed some, but I forgot that things never dye as yellow as I expect, and that plastic picks up color much faster than fabric. Instead of something a touch lighter than what was on the bottle I ended up up with this:
Meanwhile, while my sewing is going so slowly, I thought I'd take a couple minutes and fill in the blanks with luvinthemommyhood. Here goes!
* I'm longing to make "a stretch lace top" right now.
* I want to try "crocheting" with some "pure cotton" yarn.
* I wish I could sew with "quality" fabric.
* I dream of making "a wedding dress".
* I keep track of my ideas by "writing them in notebooks, drawing pictures, pinning, and bookmarking".
* I'm inspired by "everything beautiful and unique".
* I would love to meet "my favorite bloggers" in person.
* My favorite fiber is "cotton, I think".
* I like to sew with "corduroy".
* My favorite color is "navy blue".
* I rock at "designing".
* I would like to learn how to make "lace and shoes".
* I like to listen to "silence" while I "sew".
* I bring my "pen and paper" everywhere.
* My favorite thing to "sew" is "skirts".
* My favorite thing to "draw" are "dresses".
* My crafting space is "my dining table".
* If I had my own crafting room it would be "organized and pretty".
* I sew with "a Singer 9960".
* I like to "try" "new techniques".
* I can never get enough "practice".
* I adore "designing something new".
* I also enjoy "baking" and "sewing".
* I like to fill my shelves with "books, fabric, and pretty decorations". (Not that I have any shelves currently.)
* I create the best when I'm "feeling inspired and dedicated".
* I am currently excited for "a visit from my mum".
* Right now I am "trying to get enough motivation and time to actually sew".
* I love to watch "my kids being good" while creating.
* My guilty pleasure when it comes to creating is "supplies".
* My current favorite music crush to listen to while creating is "nothing".
And that's all, my friends! Here's hoping I'll actually get something done this week. =)
Thanks for stopping by,