The shirt collar is similar to a turtleneck, but I purposely made it soft and loose... so not quite a turtleneck.
As you can see, I made a mistake when sewing the collar on. It was supposed to be wrong-side of collar to right-side of shirt, but I did it right-side of collar to wrong-side of shirt. I had 5 other garments to sew that week though, so I didn't pick it out, though I may still do that at some point.
I made it longer than usual, so it looks nice and cozy, and did a lettuce-edge on the sleeves and hem, as well as the collar.
The skirt was simple too... ruffle fabric with a plain knit underlining and a knit waistband.
I made a mistake on the skirt too, and didn't use enough negative ease in the waistband. The knit had a lot more stretch than I'm used to! I had to unpick that, because it wouldn't stay up as it was. It worked much better the second time. =)
The knit for the shirt, waistband, and lining, is from Girl Charlee. The ruffle fabric was on a daily deal site a few months back.
The other garments I made for the photos are a top and skirt for myself, and a shirt and dress for Beckers. My husband was also wearing something I made though! He wore the Negroni shirt I finished this spring, which honestly is the entire reason we all wore denim and black. I don't have copies of the family photos yet, but I should have individual shots of Beckers outfit later this week, and my outfit soon after.
Thanks for stopping by!