I sewed this cardigan up in August. Since then, between multiple washings, I've taken 4 batches of photos while wearing it. Yet somehow, the only photos I have that aren't completely disappointing are ones that my husband took. Those ones were actually supposed to be of the skirt, so I have the ties tucked up out of the way. And Blogger messes them up when I upload them!
It's super frustrating that I can take photos like this when I'm just playing with my camera:
But when I try to take photos of a garment I made for myself, they come out like this.
Anyway, I'm done trying to photograph this cardigan, I think it's impossible.
Regardless of my painful photography attempts, I love this one! The fit isn't perfect, but it's super-comfortable, I love the sleeves, and it goes with most of my clothes.
I used my basic tee block (which I need to re-do... I've changed shape quite a bit since drafting it) and altered it to make this pattern. The sleeves have a lettuce-edged circular flounce, the same as the peplum shirt I made earlier this year.
I had plans to make this cardigan ever since I made this shirt. I made the changes I was thinking about then, and I definitely prefer this version.
Instead of attaching it to a shirt, I decided it would be more versatile as its own piece. The entire bodice is lined, but the sleeves are not. I followed my tutorial to attach them.
The knit is from Girl Charlee this spring, and it is gorgeous. Soft, thick, stretchy, doesn't pill and has barely faded over about 30 washes...everything I love in a knit! I think that this is the one I bought, but am not positive.
That's about it for this garment! =)
Thanks for stopping by!