Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful And A Baby Dress

   A couple years ago I was introduced to the concept of up-cycling... taking material intended for one use and recycling it for a better use. Among many other things, that is a concept that I've been very thankful for lately... turning sheets into dresses, used containers into useful dishes, and more. I'm also thankful for my two little girls, who get to pass along the handmade items I've made, and enjoy them twice over. This is the first dress I ever made for either of my daughters, up-cycled from a worn skirt I discovered at a thrift store. Booper wore it when she was about 9 months old:
The buttons were also from the skirt... the button loops were not. =)

Wasn't she the funniest, most adorable baby?
  And here it is on Gaiw yesterday, at 11 months old:
Sorry the pictures are a little washed out! I changed some settings and forgot to change them back for these pictures.



  So today, along with the other wonderful things God has given me, I am thankful for little girls, up-cycling, and handmade dresses. =)

Thanks for stopping by! (And to all you Americans, Happy Thanksgiving!)

No comments:

Post a Comment