Saturday, November 17, 2012

Baby Sleep Sack

  Just popping in to show you something I made recently for Gaiw. See, our house gets pretty cold at night in the winter, and that little one hasn't learned how to pull her blankets back up after she kicks them off yet, so she also gets really cold. To make it a little easier on myself, so I don't have to wake up and fix her blankets every few hours, I sewed up some baby sleep sacks. Like this one:

  They are pretty much just fleece rectangles, with rounded edges and an opening for the head. I left a large space next to the neck opening to slide her in, and added buttons and buttonholes right there so she can't crawl out. Gaiw has been using these for a little while now, and they really help to keep her cozy enough. Here are all three sacks I finished:

I made one with several colors of fleece, but only because I didn't have any one color big enough... I think it came out pretty cute though! The entire back of the sack with the blue buttons is of yellow fleece, again because I didn't have enough left of the grey. And on the multicolored one I got smart and left a space below the lowest button, since she tries to stick her arm between the buttons to suck her thumb and gets stuck. I love how cute my little blob looks in these:

  So that's what I've been up to lately! I've also been cutting out a dress to sew for a friend and recovering from a month-long virus. I should be back with pictures once I've finished the dress I'm working on. =)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment