Thursday, August 28, 2014

Asymmetrical Floral Shirt

So, I made this a few weeks ago, and finally had a chance to photograph it yesterday:

  I used a shortened version of the dress pattern I drafted for Challenge Create.

  I simplified it by removing all of the ruffles, embroidery, and ruching, and finishing the sleeves and hem with a simple lettuce-edge hem.

  Instead of binding, I did a band for the neck. The first one was too small, so I took it out and did one that wasn't chokingly tight!

  The shoulders on this shirt look a little tight to me, and a little too sloped for Booper's square shoulders (She definitely takes after me in the shoulder department!), but otherwise it fits just as I'd hoped.

  Booper loves it!

She begged to wear it almost every day until I managed to take her pictures, and had to be very firmly persuaded to put it in the laundry today after she spilled food on it. =)

  The gathers at the side really aren't noticeable most of the time.... I think I should widen the gathered area so it wraps around the sides a bit more.

  Booper is wearing this tee with the Betty Skirt I made for her last month. That skirt goes with everything! I love it! =) Oh, and the shoes were a gift from her Aunt B, and she wears them everywhere! =)

  Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out.

  I took a lot of pictures, and over half turned out reaaaalllly blurry, but I think the ones that weren't blurry turned out pretty well!

  And I love how they captured Booper's personality a little bit. =)

I ended up with 18 decent photos out of a batch of 56.....

  I have a few more things I've made that I still need to photograph... it's been so long since I made some of them that I'm not sure if it's ever going to happen.

  One more thing: the fabric! This is the third thing I've made with this fabric. It's from Girl Charlee, and while it's a little thinner than I prefer, I love the print! In fact, I'm considering buying more of it before it's all gone.

  After all, Gaiw pretty much needs a matching skirt, right? ;-)

  Then we could all coordinate. Nothing for my husband though. ;-) Some how I just get the feeling he wouldn't be interested in wearing anything made from this fabric.

  Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. I'd be wearing those shoes everywhere too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great style! It turned out so well!!

    You know, I am afraid of neck bindings. I should try it again sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how care-free it looks with the flowing lower section. =)
      Neck bindings can be rather a pain.... but less of a pain than a facing that either flips out constantly or has to be top-stitched down! A good rule of thumb is making the binding 80% as long as the neckline opening on your shirt. It won't always work, but it's helpful to start with! =)

      Delete
  3. Great photography! Brooper looks so sweet in them! And, as always, great job on the shirt too! ; ) :D
    -Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so rare for me to get any decent shots that I'm happy for weeks if I do. ;-)

      Delete