Sunday, January 5, 2014

What I'd Like To Do In 2014


  I'm interrupting my gift posts to talk about my goals for this year. As with last year, these aren't things that I absolutely have to do or else, just things I want to keep in mind. Before I start listing the things I want to accomplish this year, lets see how I did last year.

1. Draft a new sloper, and get this one to fit right. -Done!
2. Make a princess-seam version of the sloper. -Done!
3. Make this top with my stretch lace fabric. -Nope, didn't finish this one.
4. Find a solution to my disorganized fabric supply. -Sort of done... I at least have the fabric in bins now instead of half-folded in piles.
5. Make a fitted dress for myself from woven fabric. -Done! I actually made two, but the nursing dress is the one I'm most pleased with.

6. Make a dress for Booper from formal fabrics. -Done! Thanks to my brother getting married last year Booper needed a flower girl dress.

7. Sew a few unique knit tops for myself. -Done! I ended up making 5... sadly, though, 2 of the 5 had problems that mean I never wear them, and the fabric on one developed tiny holes all over.

 8. Learn how to create PDF patterns. -I'm actually learning this right now... but not quite done.
9. Sew casual sweaters/ jackets for both girls. -Almost half-done, I made a sweater for Booper. Although I never did finish the buttonholes on that.

10. Make a hoodie for my husband. -Didn't finish this one, though I do have the fabric for it now.
11. Sew more with fabric I already own. -I think about half of the things I made last year were with fabric I already had, which is definitely better than before.
12. Learn how to tailor my husband's clothes, especially his pants. -Didn't finish this either, although I did make him a shirt.
13. Find something I really love making to sell. -Still working on it. =) I found a few things I like making, but I have yet to actually make some just for selling.
14. Sew myself a circle skirt with a fun trim detail and horsehair braid. -I didn't finish this one, even though it was the simplest of the bunch. I'm nervous to use the expensive horsehair braid.


That's 6 out of 14 fully completed, and 4 halfway finished. Not too bad, considering that I only expected to actually finish 3 or 4. =)

So for this year, some of the goals will roll over.... I still want to:

1. Make a hoodie for my husband.
2. Make this top with my stretch lace fabric.
3. Learn how to create PDF patterns.
4. Find something I really love making to sell, or more specifically now, actually make them.
5. Sew myself a circle skirt with a fun trim detail and horsehair braid.

I would also like to:

6. Host a giveaway
7. Make more unique knit tops, for myself and the daughters.
8. Finally sew the dress my husband designed for me 4 years ago.
9. Sew at least 2 skirts for each of my daughters.
10. Continue improving my photography.

As with last year, I may come back and add to this list. =)

What about you? Are there any goals you want to keep in mind this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment