Saturday, August 31, 2013

Enjoying The Baby

  As you may have guessed, I haven't been doing much creating since Beckers arrived. I've been far too busy cuddling little limbs and kissing tiny, soft cheeks.

  And of course when I do sit down to sew I only have a few minutes before somebody needs my attention. =)

  I wanted to pop in though, and show you the lovely gifts my friend Karen sent our way. For Beckers, she created this lovely smocked bonnet:

 Isn't it beautiful? And it's just darling on Beckers:

  See the tiny, hand-embroidered roses? They are so perfectly sewn.

  I love it! =) And Karen didn't forget about the older sisters either... she sent two darling books for them, and some lovely scented soap for me.

  I forgot to take a photo, but it was all beautifully packaged and just perfect. =) And to top it all off, Karen sent a separate box of fabric for when I have time to sew again. =)

  And now I must go cuddle my children.

  Especially this one, who is growing far too quickly for my tastes:

  Oh, and I love having them in coordinating clothes. Booper is wearing her scalloped skirt, Gaiw is wearing her simple contrast band skirt, and Beckers is wearing her Little Geranium, which fits better than I'd dared to hope. =)

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Charity! I love seeing that sweet baby girl in the bonnet I made for her. Thank you, thank you for posting a picture of her wearing the bonnet. I so seldom get to see the smocked things I make on real babies. This was such a treat! All three of the girls look adorable in their coordinating sister outfits. What fun! That last photo of the tree of them together is just precious. I wonder if Baby Beckers will have the gorgeous curls her sisters have. I am off to write a post about the bonnet and link it to yours. Maybe more people will want to learn how to smock when they see how sweet it looks on a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sending it! It's so beautiful, and everyone who I've shown it to has loved it. =)
      I love it when the daughters are sweet to each other... the older girls are always careful and gentle with Beckers, but not always with each other. It makes my heart happy to see them loving each other instead of fighting.
      I'm hoping Beckers will end up with curls too... her hair is very straight right now, but Gaiw's was also straight until it grew longer.
      I want to learn smocking myself, hopefully I will have a chance soon! =)

      Delete
  2. awe...your kids are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been by in a while. Congratulations! She's beautiful and looks like she is very well loved. I am just now, 21 months later, feeling like I have a bit of a groove back with my sewing and household since having Ivy. Take care of yourself and that baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is indeed very loved... sometimes too energetically by her older sisters, but it is still love. =) I know what you mean about that groove... I'm really missing mine, and the lack of creative time. But I do love having a little baby around!(Except when she gets a burp that just won't come out...) =)

      Delete
  4. She is a doll. Congratulations! What are you working on right now? I can't wait to see pictures of your new projects, they're always encouraging. :) - Belinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! I'm working on a skirt for my sister-in-love right now, kind of a 'thank-you' gift for helping us out the week after Beckers was born. It's taking me quite a while, with so little sewing time, but I'm VERY close to finished. Hopefully I will be able to share it within a week. =)

      Delete
  5. OOOOHH!!!! She's so cute, Charity! I love her to pieces. :) I can't wait to see the skirt! :-D You're such a good sewer-ess (is that even a word? Oh well, it is now.) I miss you!- Hanna (your sister)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! I love her too. =) When are you going to come and get your skirt? =)
      Usually people say 'sewer' or 'seamstress' but I guess 'sewer-ess' works. =)
      Miss you too!

      Delete