Thursday, September 20, 2012

Yarn Projects

  Being interrupted by lack of supplies in the middle of my last sewing project meant that I pulled out some other things, from a while back. One of them is this top, pattern here, that I started sometime last year. I worked on it steadily for several weeks, then put it away and haven't touched it until this week. Here's what I have so far:
This photo was taken with my new camera! I'm starting to figure it out. =)

  The pattern is pretty but I really haven't finished much of it. This isn't my only unfinished yarn project. I still have a half-done ripple afghan that I started when I was pregnant with my first daughter. In addition I have a basket-weave baby blanket, and a pair of baby booties that I can't seem to make identical.

  I've finished quite a few things, but they were all smaller projects. A scarf, my first knitting project, which I gave to my mom. A scarf and hat set for my youngest sister. A crocheted beret for my other sister.
Gaiw wearing the beret upside-down, when she was tiny
 Matching crocheted hats for the girls last Christmas (which came out a little funny because I invented the pattern)... funny how I've never finished knitting or crocheting anything for myself.

 I've also finished this little outfit:

And a few odds and ends when I was learning to crochet:


  I'm not sure if I want to finish the lace tunic I first showed you... the yarn is rough, feels uncomfortable on my fingers, and squeaks against my crochet hook. It's also a lot heavier than the recommended yarn. I've done several rows on it in the past few days, but I started off with the wrong size hook, a size H instead of a G, and had to frog it all. Should I keep working on it, and finish it up? Or tie it off and call it a doll blanket?

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment